Registering an account with eBay is as easy as 1,2,3. So here are the steps that you are required to follow.
1. Go to http://www.ebay.com.my
2. Click on REGISTER as shown as the picture below.
Once you’ve clicked on that, it will bring you to a registration page, which looks something like this. Fill in the following particular to enable you to create an account with eBay.
3. Type in an ID which you will use to create with eBay. And make sure to click on the Check If Your User ID is Available. If it’s available it will shown as the picture on the left, else would look like on the right.
4. Fill in your password, and re-enter your password again.
5. Pick a Security Question ( This is to help reset your password in case you forget it in the future.
6. Answer your Security Question
7. Key in your email, and re-enter again to confirm it.
8. Fill in your First Name
9. Fill in your Last Name
10. Select Your Gender
11. Fill in your Country, Poscode, City, State/Province
12. Fill in your Address
13. Fill in your Primary Telephone Number (Your handphone number will do)
14. Fill in the Security Number
15. Tick on all the 3 Check Boxes
16. Click Register.
After you click on register, eBay would require you to verify yourself. There are 2 ways of getting verified, one is via Credit Card and the other one would be via SMS. In order to sell internationally, you must verify with your credit card. So what you should next is :-
17. Select Confirm my identity with a credit card, and click continue.
This will prompt you for your credit card details. Whereby they will just charge RM1 to your card, and if your card is a valid card they will refund that RM1 back to your card. So do not worry. So fill up the details as shown as below.
18. Fill in your Credit Card Number, Expiry Date, Card Identification Number, Card holder Name, Address on your monthly statement, City, State, & Postcode.
19. Click Verify.
If your card has been sucessfully entered, and showed no problem. It will bring you to this page.
What you should do next is that, you should head over to your email account and check your email. In your inbox will show something like this.
Click on the email that was from eBay with the subject “Complete your eBay Registration“, and it will bring you to another page.
And click on Activate Now ( in case your email browser might have a protection on, just click on load pictures for Yahoo. Or Mark as Safe for hotmail users. You should be able to see the picture as shown above.) And you are done for eBay right now.
Next what we’re going to do is to create a PayPal account, if you do not have a PayPal account yet.