DTK Mince Meat with Fried Potatoes
This is something easy that I whipped up yesterday which I think everyone should be able to do. There are only 3 prime ingredients which are mince pork meat, potatoes and big onions. This was first introduced by my aunt, and my wife had managed to master this as well. So after failing the first attempt last week (as I took too long to fry the fries), this week I was able to get it done in less than 1.5 hours. And of course the kids loved it. Please take note that the measurements here are based on approximation. So here are the things that you need for 4 pax for 2 meals :-
Prep Time : 30 mins
Cooking Time : 45 mins – 1Hour (depending on how long it takes to deep fry the fries)
- 600-800g of minced pork meat (150g-200g per person should suffice)
- 4 big potatoes / 5 small potatoes (1 potato for 1 person)
- 3 Big onions (Number of person – 1)
- Dark Soy Sauce
- Maggie Seasoning (optional)
- Peel both onions and potatoes.
- Cut potatoes into strips of fries.
- Deep fry the fries in low heat till they’re cooked.
- Put oil in wok and fry the onions first till they turn soft.
- Put the mince meat along with the onions and stir fry it till it’s cooked.
- Once meat is cooked add in the fries while continue to stir fry.
- Then finally add in the 1 table spoon of sugar, 1 table spoon of salt, and 1 tea spoon Maggie seasoning.
- Finally add in the dark soy sauce for coloring and taste.
- Do final taste to make sure if the salt or season is enough. So once you’re done with that.
- Best served with rice.
Anyway, it’s a simple yet nice dish to try. I had initial problem with the taste so I ended up adding about 2.5 table spoon of salt, and 2 tea spoon of Maggie seasoning. Never the less, it turned out all right. Plus the first time I went and fried the fries I accidentally overcooked it as the heat from the stove was too high. But fortunately for me I had my the backing of the Dark Templars and told me that the fire was too high. Give it a try and let me know how it goes.